Sunday 14 September 2014

Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation Review

So recently I have been stocking up on make up ready for my big move to uni. Something I picked up was the new Rimmel foundation, which you can find here.

I was really interested in this foundation as it claims to last 25 hrs. To me this is a big deal as most foundation will have gone by the end of the day, even with powdering. This foundation is the medium coverage, which I went for over the full coverage, as like all Rimmel foundation they come in the same range of shades and I am 100 Ivory.

Yesterday was my mums birthday  and I had a busy day. so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to put this foundation to the test.
Here is what the foundation looks when first applied. I applied it with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush which I used to buff the foundation into the skin. I then proceeded to continue with my normal routine including setting the foundation using Rimmel Stay Matte powder. My first impression of this foundation was that is felt light yet gave a good coverage. I would say that is was a step up in coverage from Rimmels Match perfection foundatio., but not too heavy at all.

The morning was spent in town doing some shopping and then we went for lunch, which was lovely I had a club sandwich with chips! Yummy!
After these three hours my foundation hadn't budged. It still look pretty flawless, even with out re-powdering.

Then we went in to a town close by to watch my cousins dance for the heritage weekend. This was a good test for the foundation as I was standing outside for a good hour or so in hot sunshine, (which normally ends in foundation melting off my face).
When I got home I was still really impressed with the foundation, non of it had melted off! I needed to touch up on the concealer but overall the foundation was still pretty flawless.

In the evening we went out for a meal with the family. For this I did not touch my foundation. I did however remove and reapply eye make up and did re-powder the foundation (but if I was being honest it didst really need it).

We had a great meal out, and I the best amaretti ice cream ever!  This is how my foundation was holding up after the meal.
So with over 12hrs of wear, I can say that it was still pretty flawless.

I can officially say I love this foundation. It is light non-greasy, and lasts really well. It is great for those day when you have a lot to do, or want you make up to last for a really long time. Plus it is drug store so it wont break the bank!

The website I used to create polariod effect: http://www.rollip.com/

To see what I've been up to, like my Facebook page or follow me on twitter @emily23ltn and to make sure you never miss a post make sure you are following my blog on Bloglovin.

emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment