Sunday 12 October 2014

The Freshers Tag!

Last week my twin sister created and posted the Freshers Tag which you can see here. So I thought I would jump on the band wagon and do it my self!

1) Which Uni do you go to and what are you studying?
I am at the University of York, and doing a degree in Biology.

2) What type of accommodation do you live in?
I am in university accommodation. All the accommodation at this university is split into collages, I am in Goodricke Collage. I am in a flat of 12, 6 girls and 6 boys. We all have our own en suites, and share a kitchen.

3) What is your bedroom like?
My bed room is really nice, and its on its way to being sorted. The best part is having an en-suite being able to roll straight out of my bed into the shower. When my room is done I am looking forward to doing a blog post showing you my favourite bits! However for now this is the view out of my bedroom window.
Rainbow over the neighboring collage!
4) Were you nervous to go to uni?
Hell yes! I was so nervous and anxious. I still am now and then when I'm here. However I have been really brave doing things I would never even have considered. Like going along to meetings when I have never met anyone going. I took the advice of just saying 'Yes' and taking the most of the opportunity I have been given so far.

5) Hardest thing to get used to when not living at home?
Mine has to be similar to my sisters. It being so far away from my family. The people i used to speak to everyday, or those i would see once a week. When your away for this long it make you realise how much you depend on the contact. Plus the lack of hot tub time with my cousins is killing me! Haha!

6) What's your new city like? 
B-e-a-u-tiful! York is one of the best places on earth in my eyes. Here is a photo just to demonstrate. There will be many more photos of the city and the campus in the future. The reason I love it here so much is the amount of water I am surrounded by, whether that be the Campus Lake or the River Ouse in the city centre.
York Minster!
7) Favourite freshers event?
I found this really hard as we had so many good events. I really enjoyed all the themed nights when I could get my face paint and make up out! If I had to choose an event I would say it was the first Sunday night because it was just such a good night. If you want to see what I got up to during freshers week check out my last  blog post which you can see here.

8) Favourite thing to do whilst at uni?
My favourite thing to do so far is just to go for a walk round the campus and round the lake. As I have said I find water really calming and when I'm feeling down or panicky this just calms me and I feel a lot happier. Plus having all this time outside in the green is just so different from life at home and I love it!
The campus lake!
A second thing which is now going to be a weekly treat is lunch at the Courtyard which is the Universities best place to get the best food! I had a heavenly chicken fajita wrap this week!

9) Do you feel different now your living without your parents?
Yes, extremely. It is weird but I feel like a proper grown up cooking all my own meals, and washing ect.I do enjoy not being nagged or told to do something. But I know understand why my mum tells me off for leaving bread open or using all the milk! Heheh, sorry mum!

10) Any advice for any Freshers to be?
Just say 'Yes'. Honestly every where around you are opportunities  to meet new people and try new things. And take those opportunities and run with them you don't know where they could take you!

To see what I've been up to, like my Facebook page or follow me on twitter @emily23ltn and to make sure you never miss a post make sure you are following my blog on Bloglovin. There will be more York related posts on the way!

emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment